POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's not a photo... : It's not a photo... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  It's not a photo...
From: stbenge
Date: 23 May 2008 22:53:38
Message: <48378332@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Sometimes Google can produce some interesting results, even when
searching one's own name. Case in point:

http://www.spanda.org/SpandaNews_I,2.pdf

Within that document lies an image produced by me. Underneath it reads,
"Indor Aqueduct. Photo by Samuel Benge." (the word "indor" is obviously
a misspelling of "indoor") It's the same image appearing in povray.org's
Hall of Fame:

http://hof.povray.org/indoor_aqueduct.html

I don't get it. To me the image is not exactly photo-realistic. Am I
missing something, or do people commonly refer to CG images as "photos?"

Should I contact the author or just sit here smiling silently? (BTW, the
author never contacted me for permission to use the image, but I don't
really care, I just find this funny)

Sam